#Kawaii365

Daryl Januszewski in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada is creating daily in her #Kawaii365 project!

She explains, "Each day, I draw a simple Japanese cartoon-style face on something random, or I make one of out craft supplies and leave it in a public place to be found and documented by the finder. I want others to stop and smile, and take a moment out of an otherwise hectic day. It feels good to see people light up."



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project because I feel all this pent up creative energy inside my soul, waiting to get out. I have loved doodling smileys on things since I was a toddler, but as a pre-teen I fell in love with Japanese cartoons like Sailor Moon and developed an interest in anime and manga.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Though I've only been doing this for a month, I am already excited about the next 11 ahead. I have become more confident and more apt to talk to strangers in malls and coffee shops about this and share little gifts with them. I have become a more open-minded thinker as well, doing things I wouldn't have thought of before (like creating a digital kawaii face out of symbols, or making 'pillows' with faces out of paper towels).

See all of Daryl's projects HERE


No comments: